Thursday, November 6, 2008

Double Story Post

I have to begin with this:

I love my two big kids more then anything in the world. (E. Shea, too, but she doesn't hold a part in this story, not this year...) No worldly thing could make me love them any less. They're my world, they're my life!!
A couple of weeks ago Colt had taken pics of the kids carving pumpkins. Later that night Kids A and B got a hold of the camera... here is the damning evidence...

Kid A's work


Kid B's work - Marley got a very good pic out her bedroom window.
To make a long confusing story short my camera is now on it's way to a Canon fixit shop in IL where it will hopefully be fixed and returned to me in tip top condition.
We were still able to take pictures but unable to see the result of these pictures on the little display window. (What did we ever do before the digital age?!?!) You know those Fisher Price cameras for kids? Guess what we're going to ask Santa for, this year!!!
This last Saturday (Nov. 1st) Colt and Corbin went on this massive hike with my brother and his two boys. This hike was a huge deal for two reasons. It's Corbins FIRST EVER hike and it was a major hike. I'm not sure of the exact distance but I'm sure it is something I wouldn't have accomplished.
I told Colt to take the camera, even though it wasn't fully working I still needed some pics. This is what happens when the lens cover (for lack of a better term) doesn't open/close all the way.



That's Jaxons cute little head that we can't see.


A little better.


And better still.
I love this pic. Look how high up they are!!


Taking a break.



Just getting started.

Before they left - Corbins first hike!
I am so proud of Corbin (& Jaxon & Tyler) for doing this. Corbin absolutely loved it. He even brough some sea shells (I know!) home with him. I'm so glad they did this and that they all came home safe.

4 comments:

Howard Family said...

Where did they go? Why did they go? When did they go?

Anonymous said...

DeAnna,

It's called the Crimson Trail/China Wall up Logan Canyon. They went this past Saturday, Nov 1st. They went because they've been telling the boys for months now that they were going hiking so they finally just did it!

I don't really like to hike a whole lot, I trip just walking down my hallway. The place they went had a cliff not far from the trail. I don't think I would've handled that well being up there with kids. Colt did ok at times, from what I hear...

~STEF

Lindsay Jones said...

Very cute stef. My kids love to snatch the camera too. I have been lucky so far, just fingerprints on the lens. It usually takes a bad bunch of pictures for me to realize that I need to clean the lens. That is why my halloween party pics are so fuzzy.

good idea about the cameras.

Kellie said...

Hey Stef! I am really excited for Friday! It's been a long time coming. :) We should get together and do something one of these days. What are you into? Do you scrapbook or any of that? Thanks for the good wishes for this week! Check back and I'll hopefully get some pictures posted this weekend!