Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Done!

As some of you know for the past couple of months Marley has been bugging me to get her ears pierced. Yes, I realize she's only three and I'm her mother. But to keep me sane I could only handle so much "Mom, why are you wearing those... Mom, I want to try them... Mom, let me see your earings... Mom, I want my ears pierced." Oh my. So we did it. Thanks Tracy, for meeting me, supporting me, and taking her pictures! ;)


A stunned Marley. She was excited, I promise. And yes, I did warn her...


Ear #1...


... not so bad.

Ear #2...


...not so good.
Yes, I cried with her. I thought "What did I just do?!?"


Getting her lolli pop, me sniffing.

Her pink, of course pink, flower earing.
Look at those lashes. They're practically combing her eyebrows. Wow, girl!


Trying to get her to smile, proof that she's happy. Not yet, I suppose. After a minute or so in the store she was fine. Really.


Here's the Marley I love.
Afterwards we went to Aero for a minute. She found the huge mirror, checked out her earings and did a little jig.

And finally... proof of
HAPPINESS!!!
After this store we went to the Hallmark store. She was carrying her bag of ear stuff that said "I got my ears pierced today" (same as the pink sticker she's wearing). She walked up to some of the workers and just stared at them. One of the ladies noticed her "sign" and asked her if she got new earings. She nodded and they all looked at her earings and made a big deal out of it. She felt pretty special.
What a big day for my little girl.

11 comments:

Grandma Pam said...

Amazing! What a brave little girl. I'm glad I got to see how happy she was tonight and hold her in my arms. She was so happy and showing off those pretty pink earrings. These are great picture. But the one where her fists are over her little eyes, brought tears to this grandma's eyes. Love her so much.

Howard Family said...

Hooray for Marley!! How adorable are those earings. I can't wait to see them.

btw-- Stef all of my girls were 3 when they had there ears pierced.
Poor Rachel had to have hers done twice because they got way bad infection the first time. We found out later that it was the metal she was allergic to. The second time we had to get the expensive ear rings.

Grove Family said...

I was impressed that she didn't cry until it was all over with! Whay a tough girl (Zach said she is tough because she has a big brother). They look pretty!!

Lindsay Jones said...

So fun that you documented it so well. Aly will love to see this.

Jennifer Wanlass said...

I'm so excited for Marley! When Emily got hers pierced. They did the first one and she started screaming. It took a little while for me to convince her that she needed to get the other ear pierced. It is a traumatic time! Marley looks very cute!

Kellie said...

These are way cute pictures! I've been thinking about taking my little Kambri to get hers done. :)

The Doutre Family said...

She is brave and so cute! Everytime I see your blog with pictures of the house I get a little sad :( Especially Emma in her swing because that's where my girls' swings were when they were babies. I'm glad such an awesome family lives there now! I have some papers for you that I recently found about the covenants on the subdivision. I'll have to drop them by sometime :)

Tracy said...

I'm so glad I was able to be there. You both handled it so well.

Scott and Mary said...

Kelle just got her ears pieced a month ago! I wish I would have had a pictures. I have been telling her she could get them done whenever she wanted to ever since she was a little girl. She was finally brave enough this year. Funny!....Good job Marley!

Straley said...

Oh no, don't show Kira! She's not as brave as Marley. :)
Corbin told us about his gingerbread house, pretty fancy!

Anonymous said...

jamie said...wow what a tuff little girl she is;)