Sunday, July 13, 2008

a big day for my BOYS!!

What a big day for my Kierstead boys!! One of them learned to ride his bike without training wheels and the other learned to play two hymns on our "new" piano - top hand only, but still!! What a big day, I am so proud of both of them!!!!


A couple of months ago Colt took off Corbins training wheels and ever since Corbin has had nothing to do with this bike. Today Corbin came in the house expressing his desire to ride his two wheeler. We jumped on the opportunity because who knows when he'll want to do this again.



The first "let go". I love how Colt is bracing for... impact? Not sure, but bracing for something. See those weeds? Ya, he fell in them often.

This pic reminds me of my dad, the way his arms are resting on his handle bars... just takin a break.


Colt playing "Choose the Right". He wanted me to teach him, I hesitated knowing that I'm not a perfect player myself. I read the notes a little different then most people so I was worried I'd screw it up for him. Turns how he did awesome!! I guess my way isn't so bad. ?? Frowned upon, I'm sure, but not bad.



So proud of both of them today!


Corbin loves to have the piano, too. It's down in the basement next to his room and in the mornings, before he even comes up for breakfast, I can hear him playing. We're going to get him signed up for piano lessons this fall with Mrs. Francom, who was his preschool teacher. He's very excited!



After his first run he was having a hard time. I took him in the house and offered to say a little prayer for him. He decided having Dad give him a blessing was the better option. (Back before his preschool graduation he was really nervous to give his part. Dad gave him a blessing and he felt better and did great. It was obvious he remembered this experience.) So Colt brought him in the house and blessed him with courage to try and to keep practicing. And of course the desire to do both. He felt much better and went back out and eventually became a pro! When he fell into the weeds or grass he jumped right back up. He was ok with it unlike before, he was so hard on himself before.



Look at his smile. I am so proud of him!! Plus another great priesthood blessing experience for him.








4 comments:

Lindsay Jones said...

That bike story is great Stef. I bet you will be glad you have all the details. When I saw the title I thought maybe it was THE announcement but you have a few weeks still, right?

The Doutre Family said...

He's so big to ride without training wheels! Avery is still addicted to her training wheels, I think she'll be like 30 before she lets us take them off! I love your family frames! Even though I don't live there anymore I still get a little sad when I see my old house. It's so new and clean... Not 30 years old like our Bothwell house. Thanks for not painting it bright orange with green polka dots! Well, it's your house now so I guess thats okay...

Howard Family said...

What an accomplishment for the both of them!

Anonymous said...

Wow and you thought Corbin just wasn't interested. He and Todd will have to form a biker gang. Well, a biker gang like two missionary companions anyway. That'd make for a cool picture, both of them in the church clothes riding their bikes together.

Congrats to Colt as well. I've always wanted to play the piano, but if I injured my right index finger doing it then I wouldn't be able to take pictures. That is a risk I'm just not willing to take.