When a young girl in our ward came to our home and asked of Marley would like to go to Color Guard Camp (for a fundraiser at the high school) I jumped at the opportunity. Corbin has had t-ball and little Marley has just gone where we've taken her. I was happy to finally have something just for HER. They got their own flags and t-shirts and spent time at the HS to learn their routine.
It didn't start off all that great. Marley was overwhelmed and wouldn't remove herself from me. When they split the girls up (Marley was about a year younger then the girls in her group) another girl in our ward who Marley knows was one of her teachers. Abby practically peeled Marley off of me. Marley didn't cry she just kept yelling towards me "I don't want to play!" I ignored her like any good mom would. =)
I stayed for the first hour just to make sure she was ok. She kept talking about a pink sucker (pink is her favorite color) and I told her I'd go get her one. About 10:30 I left her and went and got her two pink treats. When I got back she wasn't with her group, up in the bleachers playing. So I told her "I have two pink treats for you, if you want them you have to go do your dance." So she left, picked up her flag, practiced, and did the routine. She was completely different then when I left her. By the end of the actual performance she was DONE. I don't blame her. It was really hot in there and she'd been going for 2 1/2 hours.
She did great, I am so proud of her. When we got back to grandma and grandpas she showed him her routine. "Sweep the floor, rainbow", she really likes it now. I'm so happy she had something for her this summer. There are a lot of pictures below, I had to post the ones I really like. What a cute girl!!
5 comments:
Stef..How funny is "Color Guard Camp"? My Mom sent me a picture today of Brooklyn dancing. (she is my youngest sister). I was laughing so hard, I told my Mom that it would come back to haunt Brook later on in life. Anyway. Abby sold Brook her ticket too. Her mom teaches with my mom. I still think it's funny, even if it was good for them, it's funny!!
She is so darn cute! I love the idea of this little camp, and like you said it's something nice for JUST her.
Can I just say how beautiful she is! I love it! I cannot believe how grown up she looks in these pictures! I cannot wait to see the new little peanut! glad that you are doing well!
Oh, how I love my little Marley. She was so brave with all those girls in that great big gym. But I loved the end where she said, "It's too hot, Mom." and she just didn't want to do the final dance. She had enough of all that. But she really loves that flag. What a little doll, and it was fun to watch her. Love, Grandma Pam
SHE is so dang ADORABLE!! Glad she had fun.
Post a Comment