We haven't had one of these in a long time, I suppose we were overdue.
Wednesday was a day spent cleaning out storage. I was digging through boxes trying to find our baby clothes, both for a boy and a girl. Enough just to get us through the first couple of days home from the hospital.
Anyway, our family room in the basement was a mess and I forgot I had left my scissors downstairs (along with tape for re-packing boxes) when I hear Corbin yelling. "Mom... Marley is cutting her babys hair..."
As I headed downstairs the vision flashed through my mind where I stupidly left the scissors down for her hands to reach. Then I felt a wave of relief hearing that it was her baby and not her own hair taking the hit. Then the next thought was "should I take the camera?", but reminded myself this wasn't a moment to recognize... or was it?
So this is what I find....
As I was standing over her doing my "no no" moment with her face looking down into her lap I still felt relief that her beautiful hair wasn't cut to shreds. She looked up at me with the sweetest look in her face and we all (Corbin was watching every moment) began to laugh.
For this reason I took the pictures. Remarkably the baby dolls hair is very nice. I can't even tell where the scissors touched. Not that this makes the situation ok, just to say...
2 comments:
What a good job she did! Get ready for her to help you peanut.
Steph it is Sarah (remember me? ) Your family is soooooo cute!! iT IS AMAZING TO SEE YOU GUYS ALL GROWN UP WITH FAMILIES!! Can't wait to see the baby boy/girl?
Post a Comment