Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"My First Fishing Trip...."

So this statement is true for 3 out of 4 of our family members. Colt is the only one who's ever been and we, as a fam, finally went last night. I've never been into fishing and have had no desire to go, but the kids were so excited that I wanted to be there with them. Marley went with Daddy to the store to get all of the stuff we needed for the fishing pole and she happily sat right by his side and got it ready to go. Colt knew not to expect anything from me but photography. No worm or fish touching for me!!
Marley and CJ by the bowl of worms. Colt said that Marley thought it was cool that they could by worms at the store.


The kids stayed by Dad, I stayed in my chair - not far from a dead skunk, I saw the rib cage! Yes, I'll look at that but I WON'T touch a worm! Why did I leave my chair by the rotting carcass? Because there was a giant tree across the river giving me relief from the sun. =)

Marley making the worm swing.



"I caught a fish mom!!"



He wouldn't take his eyes off the cat fish he caught.
Good job, buddy!!




Playing with the worms. Yes, I made him stay from from me!!
We had a good night, I'm glad Colt took us all, the kids loved it!!





3 comments:

Grove Family said...

This looks like the same place we went fishing ;o) That's funny, I remember the skunk as well... I made Zach move us down a ways because it was gross.

Howard Family said...

Corbin I am so proud of you for catching a fish. Cute picts.

The Meier family said...

Can I just say that I hate to go fishing??!! My girls love it, but I think it is the most disgusting thing when they gut the fish! Plus I hate fish, so it seems pointless to me! But if the family likes it, that is what I am doing!