2008 started out Great!! I met my parents and oldest brother, James, at Dennys for breakfast. (a funny family tradition... my family was just barely getting out of bed so they stayed home)
Then - with my family - we headed over to James' house for a visit. What started as a small "hello" turned into a full day of fun. James made us lunch and then they took us down to a pond/ice rink just around the corner from their house. James has made a race track as well as a rink to just skate.
Corbin hasn't skated for almost a year at the neigborhood rink by our old house. He didn't like it then so I didn't figure he'd like it this year. However, he did awesome!! When Uncle James helped him down the snow bank he just took off running. He fell many times but eventually learned how to work the blades on the ice. (Thanks heavens Aunt DeAnna had the double bladed ice skates.)
James' dog - Otis - was a great sport. He pulled the kids around the track in the sled. James convinced me to get in, too. I didn't think Otis could pull me but boy did he prove me wrong. The theory is if he can "take you out" with just a firm "bump" he can pull you on the ice. I'm glad I didn't kill him. ;)
We had a fun time. Then when the kids got too cold we went back to their house for games and hot chocolate. It was fun watching James play CatchPhrase. Thanks guys, for a fun New Years Day!!!

James making sure Otis is still doing good.
Seriously - good dog!! He was just as excited to go home as the rest of us.





1 comment:
We had a lot of fun!!!!
Post a Comment