Friday, January 11, 2008

*Memories*

I just have to say how wonderful my babies are - though they aren't really babies anymore. Corbin is amazing. Since he's known he's going to have another baby to "take care of" he's been so willing to take care of Marley - most recently getting her out of the tub and take care of the tub toys. He's just grown so much these past few weeks.

Marley has been doing so well, too. You've probably noticed I haven't posted any Marley-isms this year. There's a reason, or maybe two. My theories are a) she's doing better and b) so am I. I've learned to keep certain things picked up. I guess that means I'm growing, too.

A big milestone is that Marley's binky is now gone. We lost her last one on Tuesday and there are "no more", we tell her. She has done extremely well and has quit asking for it. This has also caused her to talk much more. I know, I didn't think this was possible, but it is. She's using more words and less of her jibber jabber.

Last night the four of us sat on our bed and played UNO together. This is a game that we, in the past couple of months, have started playing with Corbin (a big people game that we don't have to help him with... too much) and it has been so fun. I think he appreciates being treated like a big person. Last night Colt helped Marley and she did awesome, winning one of two games. (I of course one the other. ;) She did great at finding the matching the cards in her hand (all by herself), Colt only had to help with the number and wild parts. It was a fun night.

As some of you know Colt and I have a couple of new callings. My first one is I'm an official for the stake Young Womens sports. Scary!! Basketball is the first sport and I was so scared, I don't know how to call fouls!! Luckily my first game is over, Colt said I'm not loud enough. Weird, huh? I don't believe I've ever been told that before! I need to practice blowing the whistle and luckily I'm pared up with ladies who know what they're doing.

Last week (my first game) didn't go so well. As some of you know this pregnancy has kicked my bum, I've never been this sick. Well, running up and down the court didn't help me any. Luckily Sarah, the other gal, was nice enough to do most of the running. I got home and ended up in bed for the rest of the night, my stomach was so not good. Our games last night were cancelled, thankfully. So I've got a week to get my stomach a little more settled and strong. I like the idea of this calling, I just wish I could enjoy it more. In a month or so it will be awesome!

Next Colt and I are the new Primary teachers for the 7/8 year olds. We missed our first Sunday last week because we were at my great nieces baby blessing so this Sunday will be our first offical day. We're so excited. This will be especially fun since Colt has NEVER been in Primary. He's so excited, we're already "fighting" over who gets to teach the lessons. ;) We're both excited and most happily the lessons are SIMPLE. Choosing the Right, that's what this lesson is on. It makes me so happy. I'll keep you updated on that, not that there will be a whole lot to say, but I'll say what I need to.

Now it's time to go relax. Colt is asleep on the couch (I'm so jealous!) and the kids are in CJ's room playing. (Seriously, great kids!!) I guess I'll go finish watching Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Dumb I know, just one of those goofy movies I tvoed.

Love to my family and friends. I hope you are all surviving this cold weather. And for those of you who are in warmer places, I'M JEALOUS!!! Love you tons...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing great! What precious kids you have - but we already knew that. Wow on the binky thing! Go Stef!

mommyoffour said...

First of all, how do you get Tracy to comment? Do you bribe her, pay her, keep her kids, all of the above?? I have had a blog for 18 months now and I MIGHT have gotten ONE comment like a year ago. :( I am sad, please pass the word, k?

Alrighty, I am so proud of your kiddos! Glad Mar is off the binky! We are weening bottles, so I understand how exciting it can be!

I missed you at Old Navy tonight. The store was pretty much wiped out, but I still came out with a HUGE bag FULL of clothes for $40! Not too shabby. I got Ry a coat for next year for $10!

Keep us posted on your callings! You will love primary. Maybe I will get to do that someday.

Howard Family said...

GO STEF!! You are just doing it all. Playing games with your kids I love to do that, we played Life with Jamie and Jade. GET THIS James and I were the only ones that got kids AND THEY were Twins! We each landed on the same " you get twins" square how weird. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO for Marley it's a tough one but it sounds like you've got it handled. Let her Talk until she can't anymore.