Thursday, February 7, 2008

What a Sunday!!

This past Sunday (Feb 3rd) was an interesting one. We woke up to a BLIZZARD, we could hardly see the homes across the street. The fam got ready and headed out for church. After plowing through the 5 inches of snow that had fallen over night Colt noticed a neighbor out on the corner had gotten his car stuck. Colt parked the car (yes, in the middle of the road) and went to help him and another neighbor get the car out of a snow bank.
We headed to church, not believing how bad the snow and streets were. All over town cars were getting stuck, it was crazy! We got to church 15 minutes late. I saw one of the counselors in the Primary and assured her we were there to teach our class. She told us that it didn't matter, we were only having sacrament meeting at 9:30. So - in a nut shell - half of church was cancelled. We were only there for an hour, in my whole life I've never known that to happen.
We had a few more inches waiting for us when we got home. Of course there was a HUGE pile in the gutter part of the driveway (it didn't help that the "snow plow" and added to that pile). Colt thinking that nothing can break down our all wheel drive Element. He took one try and we plowed right into the snow bank, leaving a complete indent of the front of our car. Colt tried again and the second time we got stuck. I couldn't even open my door, the snow was so high.

The cool thing - I thought - about this storm was watching all of the people out together helping each other. As you can tell by this pic we had help of our own. The guy in the black coat happened to be the one Colt helped out that morning. Elden is the one in the gray, he lives across the street, nice guy.





We let Corbin go out and play with Dad - after the car was safely in the garage. As you can tell the snow was up to Colts knee. It kept snowing and snowing....
To top the day off the GIANTS beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl!!
For those of you who know how much we LOVE the Colts you also know we despise the Pats equally if not more. It's just one of those things...
What a great game that was. Go Giants!! What a great way to end the crazy day...

3 comments:

Howard Family said...

Our Church was cancelled. I was excited to teach my lesson. I have never know Church to be cancelled either.
I agree Go Giants!!

Grove Family said...

We also got stuck 3 TIMES trying to get to my mom's house. thank goodness for all the kind people out there with big trucks and pushing arms! I so know what you are talking about with the Pats thing, Zach couldn't stop teasing Jer about them losing.

mommyoffour said...

Holy Snow!! You are right, summer might never come for you guys!!

I too think it is cool when everyone steps in and helps each other out. Such a good feeling!

Ditto to everyone else, yea giants!!