When we heard the news last Sunday evening of President Hinkleys passing the first emotion that hit me was shock. We hadn't been informed of him being ill so it wasn't really expected. The fact that he was 97 years old made it more understandable.
How I will miss him. Though I'm sure he is so thrilled to be reunited with his wife and other family members, he will be missed. Conferences will not be the same without him waving his cane or speaking to us... making us laugh - of course - and making us think.
This past week I've strived to be a better mom and wife. This past month has been hard for me, mostly because I've been hard on myself. I'm not sure if I'm having "true" feelings or just "pregnancy emotions" but either way I've had a hard month. Being snowed in sure doesn't help!! I've been focussing at what I can do around my home with my family. I picture what Sister Hinkley must have done in her home to raise such wonderful children and be so happy while here on the earth. After all, when mom is happy everyone else is happy.
Colt has been so wonderful these past three months... and going. Last night Corbin woke up screaming with - another - bloody nose. Marley woke up a couple different times for reasons I'm not sure. Every time he was paged, Colt rolled his tired self out of bed and fixed the kids' problems. I thank him for being such a wonderful daddy and an amazing hubby helping me and the kids when I can't do things myself.
Luckily I am almost 13 weeks (on Wed) and starting to climb out of the sickness that has bound me this first trimester. Beginning in the morning and ending when I fall asleep, I have been sick constantly. I would laugh as Colt would beg me to go to the doctor. "She's got to be able to do something for you," he insists. No, I've not had a pregnancy quite like this one, we're not used to me being so sick and out of it. I'm happy to say my upset stomachs are coming only at night now with less force. This helps out a lot.
This past Saturday was a wonderful day. We had the opportunity to attend the baptism of one of the boys in our class, Charley. What a great kid he is. We are so pleased with his decision to follow the teachings of Christ and make the decision to be baptized.
Afterwards we came home and watched the funeral and all of the tributes to President Hinkley. I cried all day, tears of joy, hope, longing to be reunited with my Savior (how great that will be!!), and having the desire to live my life better.
Again, I will miss President Hinkley. I envy where he is right now, so happy and free of this worlds pain. I'm happy he is with his precious wife whom you could tell he loved and missed so much. I'm grateful to be apart of the same gospel that offers me the same blessings, I look forward to everything the gospel and future has to offer.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Such deep thoughts, Stef. I enjoy hearing that from you. I'm glad you are starting to feel better. That can't be fun. tfox
Wow, these words are exactly what my thoughts have been. I cried all day on Saturday too. It was such a sad and happy day. I will miss him so much. I already do. I too was thinking how lucky he is and how happy he must be. It made me want to be a better person too. I want to be able to return with honor, just like this amazing man did. He is an amazing example.
I am so glad that you are feeling better! By the time Spring gets here, you will be good to go and August will be here before you know it!!! Have a good day, love you!
Post a Comment