Saturday, May 3, 2008

another flood

It has - so wrongly - come to our attention that every home we've lived in we have had major water damage. It's like we're the family of Noah, or something, we just attract water.

After four days of staying at my parents house (bless them!!!) we are back in our home. The kids missed their beds, though Corbin is now sharing a room with Marley until his room is put back to normal. They both love it and it's working out ok. Marleys room and our room are the only ones that weren't effected by the water.

I've got pics on my camera so I'll post them when I care to. =)

Our kitchen floor has been pulled up and we have two heaters in the basement trying to dry out the damaged walls. It's about 100 - 115 degrees down there, the workers have done a good job keeping the heat in the basement making it liveable for us up here. In the next week the workers will be starting to put our home back together. Relaying carpet pad, kitchen floor, fixing walls, and all of the other clean up. It's just one day at a time.

Thank you to our many neighbors and friends who have offered their spare rooms and camper trailers for our family. Colt has said how awesome it's been how people have stepped up to offer help and support. You know who you are, we appreciate you!!

I feel like I'm making my acceptance speech for some amazing award.

Thanks to mom and dad for letting us crash at your place for so long. I'm sure it wasn't easy for you either but you never once complained. Thanks to other family members who watched the kids (at ball games of all places), let us spend a few hours at your place (my hand is feeling better), and just helping out when you could.

A MILLION TIMES OVER, THANKS, YOU ALL ROCK!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome, sweetheart. I'm just glad we live this close - we love you. Mom

Grove Family said...

glad the hand is feeling better, that scared me at first. I hope that the work will get done fast so you can get back to 'normal'

The Meier family said...

k what happened to your hand, and holy crap about your house! you are such a funny person - email me and let me know what is going on! I miss you and love you and glad that things are better! having one of those friends weeks, where I just never know if they are genuine or not! How I wish we were closer!

Howard Family said...

Stef I am so glad that your home is being put back together and your hand I'm glad that you didn't suffer to much damage from playing a game with the boys:)

Lindsay Jones said...

What happened? That sounds so stressful. I hope you get everything back before the baby comes.

mommyoffour said...

Honey... it looks like you need to explain what happened! You have a few friends that are a bit lost!

As for you hand, I am lost there! What happened to your hand...

Details please... :)