Tuesday, May 27, 2008

not a fan

So I have - officially - decided that I am not a fan of Labor and Memorial Days. Last Labor Day we spent in the Tooele Hospital (miscarriage) and yesterday we spent time in the Tremonton Hospital and down at McKay Dee. My dad was not feeling well (chest pains) so my mom ended up taking him to the ER in Tremonton where they eventually transferred him down to Ogden. He's doing ok, so far, but it still scares and worries me. (For those who don't know he had a 6-by pass surgery 6 1/2 years ago so he has a strong history of heart problems.) They'll be doing an angiogram (sp?) on him this afternoon, I pray it will go well.

A HUGE, SUPER HUGE thanks to Erin and Avery. They stepped up and helped out with a few of the kids (six kids total) while us brothers and sisters could go support Mom (and Dad) in Ogden. I appreciate their help more then they will know. It takes a huge heart to help the way you did, thanks for your service!! YOU'RE BOTH AWESOME!!!

We are all happy that Grandpa (and Daddy) was doing okay yesterday (once he was given the proper medication) and ok this morning. We hope he gets better and comes home to us soon.

Love you Daddy!!!

4 comments:

The Meier family said...

Stef,
I hope that all goes well and that he gets to come home soon. Know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We love you guys!

Candice

Lindsay Jones said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope things keep getting better. I'm sure he was glad to have you there.

Grove Family said...

Very scary and not fun at all! I'm glad though that grandpa could recognize the signs and get to the hospital. He's going to be fine now that we know what is going on!

Anonymous said...

I am happy that he is doing better i hope that things continue to improve and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Love Mark and Tammy