This past Monday my good friend Josee came over for a visit. While she was here I happened to be "bragging" that Emma had not yet had a blow out. I've been quite pleased with the Costco brand (Kirkland) diapers and made my opinion known. Of course I concluded with "and now it's going to happen..."
While Josee was here it happened. Gladly it wasn't too bad... well, Emma was just easing me in.
***Josee, the rest of this story is mostly for you!!!***
The next day Emma and I went to visit my parents. When I got there I pulled Emma out of her carseat and quickly realized why she was acting a little fussy. Yes, another blow out. This one just a little bit - yet plenty enough - out the back. Luckily it was easy for me to run home quickly for another outfit. Sad to say I'm not sure this onsie is going to make it. I've washed it lots and though the stain is fading it's still obviously there. Hm.
Last night (Friday) we headed to Logan to run some errands. We started at one store, made it to another, then the third... being Kohls. While we were there I was looking around the baby section and ended up at a rack of clothes that I'm always looking at. Finally there was an outfit there that was tempting, as the others were but not tempting enough, to buy. I decided she didn't need it at this time.
We left Kohls and headed over to Hobby Lobby. I left the fam in the van and ran in to buy snaps for my conference weekend projects. When I came out Colt informed me that Emma had been crying the whole time I was in there. This didn't surprise me as I knew she was ready to eat. I get in and could instantly smell her dirty bum. I pulled her out of her car seat and new exactly what was wrong. Another blow out!!! (This one was in the same onsie as the first one at the beginning of the week.)
Unfortunately this one was bad enough and - I being VERY unprepared - had no extra outfit. So we headed back over to Kohls. I ran in with Emma in her carseat. Luckily I knew right where to go, I knew which outfit I wanted. I changed and fed her in the dressing room and had a happy Emma again.
So here is her new outfit. I don't know if it's because of the circumstances we were in when I bought it but I absolutely LOVE it!!!
5 comments:
She is such a little doll! I love these pics of her and I love the outfit! She is growing way too fast! I can't wait to see her this weekend!
What a cute outfit! You are so lucky she had that blowout. She just looks so big in those pictures. I love her!!
Isn't life as a mommy great?? I remember a time when I was grovery shopping at Kent's and this elderly lady was sitting by me and saying how cute Brooklyn was and then she tooted and then there was poo everywhere! Not so fun.
She is so cute.
Are you kidding me!! HAHAHAHAHA! Of course all of this is happening..of well, whatya do... that's right buy new outfits! Way cute, by the way, I think purple is her color! What a doll baby!
p.s. I have some cute pics of her I need to share with ya!
Post a Comment