Tuesday, June 10, 2008

2-0

Their second game was amazing!! (Last Wed was rained out or they would probably be up 3 - 0, oh well, next week!!)

It started out a little rocky. First of all Avery, my nephew the Pitching Machine, has a boot fracture in his left wrist/lower arm; he should be getting his cast on in the next few days. He did this playing with his competitive traveling baseball team sliding into the bases - twice. Luckily it's not a bad break so the cast should be off in two to three weeks. Keep your fingers crossed!!

With that being said team REDs only other pitcher, Jordan, had to pitch the entire game last night. Poor guy; a lot of pressure on him but he did great. The whole team backed him up and they did great. It was a little nerve racking because one kid didn't show up until the bottom of the first, making them take an extra out because the didn't have enough players. Dangit!

In the third inning team RED was down by four and they pulled it out and scored 5 runs in the fourth inning. Not only that but they made awesome defensive plays and got their heads back in the game. Team RED won in an extra inning 8 - 6. I am so proud of them!!! It was a great game, fun to watch, and the boys were pumped; especially Jordan who is very quiet and doesn't show a lot of emotion.

This Wed. they have a by and then next Mon. and Wed they play in Brigham. Tracy will be keeping score and hopefully I can get some pictures to post.

GO BIG RED!!!





2 comments:

Howard Family said...

How awesome! My heck I didn't know about Avery? Glad you had a good back up.

The Meier family said...

I am jealous - how fun! I love baseball games when they get old enough to really play! Great job guys!