Thursday, June 12, 2008

how to answer the dreaded question

This morning Corbin was laying by me in bed feeling the baby do all kinds of cool things. (I really enjoy this time with him.) He was talking and singing to Baby Peanut, laughing and really having a good time. Finally the dreaded question comes... "How is the baby going to come out?"

I didn't know how to answer my five year old guy who has been ever so involved with this pregnancy, which has been good and entertaining. When he sees me gagging he'll say "Do you need a drink of water?" He knows how to find my tums and return with two in hand for my heart burn. He's just been awesome. But how do I answer his new found question?

Simple. I didn't. I just stared at him while I tried to come up with an answer, not really wanting to go "there".

Finally he came up with his own explanation. "They're going to crack it open..." You know, like a dinosaur egg. Makes sense. Then he started drawing on my belly and said "Will they cut him out?" I said "Ya, some times they do that." Then he moved on trying to convince me - because he felt the baby on both side of my stomach - that there were two babies in there. And the dreaded moment was over.

I'm so glad he has a good imagination and figured that one out on his own. I love him so much and I love how much he loves my tummy and what is growing inside. It's very entertaining!

2 comments:

mommyoffour said...

If you are lucky, the baby will just fall out like Lexi! Sounds good, doesn't it? He is such a cutie and so thoughtful. You are lucky to have him!

Anonymous said...

Just a little parenting advice always ask them what they think first and then you will know where to go with the answer. Sounds like you lucked out. De