Thursday, September 4, 2008

Marley

Tuesday was a hard day. Marley had a hard fall - just like humpty dumpty - and landed on her beautiful face causing major blood spewage. It freaked me out. Colt came home (I'm lucky he works just a hop, skip and a jump away) to help me deal with it. She got a nice cut up under her lip and a nice gash taken out of her gum just above her front teeth. White was showing - bone or tooth we weren't sure.
I spoke with different doctors offices and they all said the same thing - no stitches in the mouth, self healing, give it time, bla bla bla. Needless to see I had a hard day. I broke down in tears feeling completely helpless. Her mouth bled for a good two hours before she finally fell asleep. Her poor mouth was swollen and sore, obviously. Everytime she smiled she look different, not my little Marley.
These pictures were taken Wednesday, her face looks much better then it did the day before. The right side of her face still looks a little different to me but it's not that bad anymore. My mom looked in her mouth and saw no white but blue. Her sore is healing! I was so happy to hear that. She learned her lesson, we're all happy to know.
ps These are her sparkly pants that she got for her birthday. The whole outfit is from her birthday, actually. Notice the princess cd player, she loves that thing! Then of course Baby Abby who is always with her.





6 comments:

mommyoffour said...

she is so flippin' cute! I love the outfit and the hair clippies! Where did you get them?

Anonymous said...

Her face looks SO good in those pictures compared to when I saw her. She did truly look cute in her birthday outfit. tfox

Stefanie said...

Les, those clippies are the ones my neighbor made for me. I took her outfit over and had them "customized". I wanna do it with a few more of her outfits because she loves the clippies and is so much better at letting me do her hair when we use them.

Anonymous said...

Her and baby Abby look adorable.De

Scott and Mary said...

HI STEPANIE!!!!

So good to see you! Even if only in pictures...

OH I can relate with Marley bump on the chin! My chin is finally looking normal again, yeah! Not so cute on an adult but Marley is SO cute, she and is so big and Corbin is so cute! Wow I don't think I knew you had another baby! Congratulations, you look great,and she is beautiful! It's good to see Colt again too! I remember you guys coming to visit me after Matt died. It really meant a lot to me and I don't want you to think I have forgotten how much I love you guys!


Funny about not knowing me as Mary. My dad always called me Mary. But I always call myself Mary Ann, but if you were ever around Matt, he would call me Mary too. And my twin sister and her kids always call me Mary too. So Scott started calling me Mary and introduced me to every one in my new ward as Mary. So now I have to remind myself that I am Mary to them. Kind of funny. I am so glad I got to see your cute family! I am going to post your blog on mine! Mary Ann

Jennifer Wanlass said...

Her eyes remind me of Reagan's in these pics. I love when they smile and their eyes go into little half moons.