Tuesday, June 3, 2008

1-0

I'm not sure how many of you know but Colt is coaching baseball this summer. He's coaching Avery's team (my nephew). After the baseball draft - yes, they actually have a draft - Colt and Jon (my bro, practice coach) were so excited with the team they got. So hopes were high as the season started.
Their first game was last night, Monday June 2nd, and YES they won!
Final score 8-1, RED team.
This is the only picture I got. I was not only being a single parent to my two kids but I was also playing "coaches wife" and keep stats/score. It was hectic, so dangit, this was the only pic I got. Better luck next week when Tracy will be around to help me.


I didn't know it but I got a pic of Avery (far left), the pitching machine!! He had 10 strikeouts in five innings, what a man. Tracy, don't let him read this, he doesn't need any more "confidence". ;o)
But I really was proud of him! The team did great and so did Colt. The first game was a hit!
Good job boys!!!

6 comments:

Howard Family said...

AWESOME GUYS!!

The Doutre Family said...

I finally found your blog! I guess I should check my comments more often :) I'm glad you and your family are doing well. I'm so excited for your new baby! I also feel really bad about the whole water incident. I promise we didn't know about it :)

Grove Family said...

How fun! I think I only played city ball one year, but it was the best. No one really cared who won/lost it was all about having fun. Good luck to Colt and Jon with coaching!

The Meier family said...

I think that it is great! This kind of stuff makes me wish we had a boy. Cade coaches soccer for Caitlin, but when they get older, it just isn't the same as football and baseball! Go red team!

Lindsay Jones said...

Colt will have lots of practice for Corbin when he is old enough. By the way, keep posting on Ry's blog-you're funny!

Anonymous said...

Yea Stefanie for getting this picture. The boys are doing awesome - go RED TEAM.

Love, Mom